Friday, April 8, 2011

dropping civility of hong kong people?

today i encountered two accidents related to the civility of hong kong people.
this morning, while i was squeezing in the train, i heard a disgusting sound...a woman was spitting loudly with a plastic bag. i think it is okay if she was not feeling well. however, she kept spitting loudly and played with her saliva. the carriage was quite quiet  except the disgusting noise. it's funny that the passengers with the strange faces.
after my classmates and i took a taxi to school. when it arrived, the driver asked us using the right door. i was chatting with my classmates and i did not get the message, so i got off the taxi from the left side as usual. when i opened the door, he suddenly scolded," can you understand chinese?" i was shocked and closed the door immediately. then he keeping scolding at me and did not retune the surplus to us. i started feeling annoyed and ask him for the surplus. he repeated asking me if i could understand chinese! finally i got angry and shouted, "yes, i can't understand chinese, so what!"  i closed the door strongly.  After  he kept non-stop scolding at me with some discourteous words while i was walking on the street. i felt angry but helpless, and i just ignored him.
everyone may get some stress, but how come he scolds others in order to express his dissatisfaction? I will apologize to him if he spoke to me with a better manner!
having calmed down, i  recognize that i was  wrong in handing this case. first, i should pay attention while others are speaking and apologize for my fault. second, i should control myself instead of shouting back even he scolded at me.

2 comments:

  1. It's not just the people in Hong Kong. You'll find that Hong Kong is already a civilized place if you live in mainland China for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, i also think hk is a civilized city, but it's disappointed that people's behavior is being worse.

    ReplyDelete